To help ensure a safe visit in light of the Covid19 pandemic we have implemented strict disinfection policies, longer gaps between checkout and check-in for individual cabins, and social distancing measures. We are only accepting bookings from NL residents at this time. We have also changed our cancellation policy so you can cancel with no charge in most cases, and we don't take a deposit when you book. More detailed information is below.
Please help support our business by booking directly with us. When you book through 3rd party sites like Expedia and Booking.com, we have to pay 15%-18% of the booking charge back to them. Booking directly with us means you get the lowest price and most flexible cancellation policy. Plus, you will be talking directly to the owners. We answer our own phone and respond directly to your emails.
Our one bedroom cabin is $149.00-$164.00 per night. Our two bedroom cabins are $149.00-174.00 per night. These rates are based on double occupancy. 5$ is charged for each additional adult. If you are traveling with children 18 and under, let us know and we will discount your total charge by removing the additional guest fee. Get deals on our rates by booking a Staycation.
· Direct bookings may be made on our website, via email, or over the phone.
· We do not charge a deposit at the time of booking however a valid credit card is required to make your booking.
· All credit card transactions are processed using Stripe, the industry standard in secure credit card payments. The full amount for your stay will be charged upon arrival. Please see our cancellation policy below for more details.
· Cancel your reservation free of charge up to 5 days before your arrival. If you can't make it because of Covid19, and don't have travel insurance, we will cancel your booking up to an hour before check-in at no charge.
· 5 days or less: Full reservation amount will be charged unless we are able to re-book the cabin. In that case a 5% admin fee will be charged.
· No shows: full reservation amount will be charged.
· If we have to cancel your booking because of government travel advice, we will give you as much notice as possible.
Cleaning & Disinfection
· There will be a longer gap between check out and check in for individual cabins to ensure adequate time for cleaning and disinfection.
· All staff receive training in disease transmission and prevention, safe use of non-medical masks, effective handwashing practices, and organization-specific cleaning/disinfecting policies and procedures.
· All staff will clean hands with soap and water or disinfectant prior to entering guest rooms and immediately upon leaving cabin.
· Staff wear a non-medical face mask when cleaning cabins. A clean mask will be used for each cabin; and previously used masks will be cleaned prior to re-use.
· Cabins will be empty of guests when being cleaned by a staff member
· Cabins are cleaned using standard cleaning solutions
· After cleaning, all high contact surfaces are disinfected using an industry standard solution recommended by Health Canada for Covid19
· Single-use cleaning products will immediately and safely disposed of after cleaning
· Reusable cleaning products (e.g., mop heads) will be disinfected after each use
· Washable fabrics (e.g., towels, sheets, blankets) are cleaned with detergent using high heat
· Fabrics that cannot be laundered (e.g., couches) are steam cleaned
· All staff receive training on disease transmission and prevention, safe use of non-medical masks, and organizational policies and procedures
· Contactless check-in and check-out
· A minimum distance of 6ft will be maintained between staff and guests, and between guests who are not travelling together
· Guests will be pre-screened for exposure to COVID-19 prior to their arrival.
· Staff will complete a daily screening questionnaire before reporting to work.
Cabins are not serviced during your stay, meaning guests are responsible for their own housekeeping. We kindly ask that you please leave your cabin in the same condition in which you found it.
Check-in and Check-out
· Check-in is after 3pm. We will leave your key inside your cabin or in a lock box just outside the door.
· Check-out is 10:00am, you can leave your keys in the cabin and give us a call or send an email when you are leaving.
· To increase safety, all our check-ins and check-outs this year will be contactless. However, we are available to help you if you need us, from a safe 6ft distance.
There is a maximum of 4 guests per cabin, with the expection of the Family Wellness Retreat (max 2 adults, 3 children).
All of the buildings at Burnt Hill Cottages are non-smoking. Unfortunately, we will have to add an additional $250 cleaning fee, should smoking occur within a cabin. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Sorry, we do not accept pets at this time. An additional $250 cleaning fee will be charged if pets join you on your visit.
The person who makes the booking will be held responsible for any damages to the cabin, furnishings, property, or equipment by himself/herself or their guests.
If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded, except in exceptional circumstances.
Last but not least...please make sure to enjoy your visit to Gros Morne National Park :)